Photography has been a hobby of mine for a long time. I was always that girl who carried her camera with her for EVERY event, even if it was just an evening out with friends for dinner.
Now that my husband & I are parents (of two very photographed children), photography is my only pre-mom hobby that stuck. Somehow hockey didn’t seem to be as easy to keep doing as photography. But I honestly LOVE taking pictures and love constantly learning and “developing” my skills.
My favorite kinds of pictures to take are when people aren’t posing. I believe that the best pictures I have of my own kids are when they aren’t posing and smiling perfectly. I love the pictures where they are interacting with each other or engrossed in a toy.
I fancy myself more a life-style type photographer. This means that it’s OK for you to not look at the camera with perfect smiles. I want you to be you – playing, interacting, laughing & smiling. My goal is to capture the realness of you. For that reason, I am willing to travel to your home or local park to take pictures of you & your kids in their element.
I am located in Dexter, Michigan but am able to travel to take pictures of your children and family at any location of your choice. Travel fee may apply.
10 things about me:
- I don’t like cooking but my husband hates to go out to dinner.
- My favorite ice cream is peanut butter & chocolate from Baskin-Robbins (Haagen-Daaz will do in a pinch)
- I grew up a huge Michigan fan
- My favorite sports to watch are football & softball
- My favorite sport to play is tennis
- My birthday is April 1st. I’ve heard all the jokes already…
- I was born on Guam (my dad was in the Navy) but we came back to Michigan when I was 18mos old. I’ve been in Ann Arbor ever since except for college (GO BRONCOS!) and a few years for jobs elsewhere in southeast Michigan.
- People are usually surprised to hear that I consider myself an introvert
- I get my sense of humor from my dad
- I could eat pizza or bacon & eggs for every meal